"I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOU"

Ladies and gentleman, I may have found a match for my ice cream.

I'm calling it raw caramel, because that's what I had in mind when I began making it. As usual, I didn't have a plan so some raw magic happened and this wonderful caramel thing came out of it. It tastes sooo much better than caramel, and all that's in it is sprouted nuts/seeds, raw agave (or maple syrup), cinnamon and coconut butter!

AHHHH! WHY IS THE WORLD SO MIRACULOUS?!

I originally made up this caramel filling for my friends birthday (will be posted after this); I'm going to put it in a tart shell and make it all perdy for her =)

But it's so good I had to write down the recipe and get it on to my blog ASAP. I need to inform the world of this incredible substance. Make it now!!! It will change you.

*Remember with raw food, measurements are not precise so just add enough of everything to get the consistency, flavour and texture you want. 

THE Best Raw Vegan Caramel Sauce: makes around 1 cup, easy to make more/less

Handful Brazil nuts
2-3 Tb raw agave/maple syrup
1 t vanilla extract
10 dates, soaked for 30 minutes or so if you can - but don't dump the water!
3 Tb almond butter
2 Tb tahini
2-3 Tb coconut butter, melted 
1/2 t cinnamon
Pinch salt 
Water as needed (preferably the date water)
1/6 cup or so coconut flakes

2 Tb chia seeds gelled with water (see note)

Process Brazil nuts into fine pieces, add all other ingredients EXCEPT coconut flakes and chia seeds. Process until it has a caramel-y consistency. You may need to add some water or more of the other ingredients. Try it. Your mind should be exploding now. If not, continue tampering until it reaches the mind-blowing stage. 

NOTE: Now if ya want, add the coconut flakes and gelled chia. This basically just dilutes the sweetness and gives you more. I did this to make the filling of the b-day tart. It's up to you, depending on what you're gonna use it for. Personally, I could just eat it all straight-up.

*Is this recipe too complicated? Another SUPER easy raw caramel is just dates, melted coconut oil and water, maybe with a bit of agave all blended together. 


This song was on the radio and it sums up my feelings pretty well =)
GET UP AND DANCE! WE'RE ALIVE and WE'VE GOT CARAMEL!